vineri, 11 septembrie 2015

Canal du Midi Toulouse: Carcassonne - Narbonne - Port la Nouvelle

The map here 
Its history here
and me in the story:)

I heartily recommend this web site for all bike fanatics:p!

! the road was tarmac in the Midi Pyrenée region (50km) and earth track/path until the seaside (150km)
10.09 - Thursday
Toulouse (Portet-sur-Garonne) - Carcassonne 100km

 
plenty of locks
feeling hungry? I do

 
Carcassonne. Did you ever imagine medieval castles and fortresses? I didJ. But in my imagination they were all in miniature size, tiny castles to fit in your bubble dream. But Carcasonne was like seeing the small grow enormous! Now I have to look upwards, my castle is just hugeJ


11.09 Carcassonne – Narbonne – Port la Nouvelle (101km)
 les vignes de Languedoc Rousillon
Sur ces 4 départements, le vignoble compte 228 000 ha de vignes de cuve


Because the sycamores bording the water have been ill for a while now, massive tree cutting needs to be done in order to extiguish the evil (chancre coloré that is a menace for the 42000 canal's plane trees)

 lucky for us, the crocodile bit his fingers

 from sycamore trees to pine trees, with their freshness

no, I have not cycled on the railway bridge like the tourism office agent told me

 

All the way all was good, calm (nooooo caaarsJ)! but I’ve just adored the km between Narbonne and Port la Nouvelle, that crosses the Narbonnaise en Méditerranée Natural Regional Park. So wild and in the heart of the nature.

The GPS track and extra explanations here



 12.09 Port la Nouvelle - Narbone
 It’s about being free! Sooooo good!


 there we are, always at work..11266A, du réseau de base
canal de la Robine, Narbonne
 Narbonne was better than I expected with its narrow streets, bishop’s castle, and the old market (with pubs where people get together), but what I’ve loved most was Via Dolomitia…
 truly so


 the bishop's palace
 les halles

 the most silly gargoyle ever

all in all, and like I like it...the road and a smashing great sense of freedom!




Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu